Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A nice ending to a cold winter day. From BHG. I replace the sugar with Splenda and the milk with skim milk for a lighter treat.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 drops peppermint extract
- In a medium saucepan stir together sugar and cocoa powder.
- Gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- Heat over medium heat until warm.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and peppermint extract.
- Pour into mugs and top with mini-marshmallows if you like!
I prepared this as is, and thought that it was a bit bitter. I added some additional sugar to improve the chocolaty flavor.
This is really good and definitely a keeper. I am just drinking some and loving it! Thanks for sharing it!