Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are great for parties or to put in gift bags during the holidays. Recipe is from Family Circle.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil; set aside.
- In small bowl, stir together sugar, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- In medium-sized bowl, whisk egg white and 1 T water until foamy.
- Add pecans to bowl and stir until coated.
- Pour in sugar mixture and melted butter, and stir well to combine.
- Spread pecan mixture in an even layer on prepared baking sheet and bake at 300 for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
Yum!! I love spiced pecans and this is a great recipe. Great cinnamon flavor, smelled great while cooking and so delicious - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Top Favorites of 2009 event
What a wonderful recipe. I made this for two reasons, the first for snacking during our Thanksgiving get together and the second was to toss into my salads. I love candied pecans with sliced beets, feta, mixed spring salad makings and some slice red onion. Yum! Dressing it with balsamic vinegar and olive oil is to die for. I did cut the recipe in half and it worked great. I baked it on regular foil sprayed with cooking spray and had no problems at all. This is a keeper and it's going in my best of 2009 cookbook. Thanks for posting. :)
I found this recipe in Family Circle and made it for gifts for the holidays...my husband tried a few and was sad because we were planning to give them all away! So we made some more for us.... It's really a lovely, easy, and incredibly yummy recipe. I think I will be making more for gifts next year.