Recipe by Mrs. Hughes
Another great recipe from my mother's recipe box. These cookies are great. This does not make a doughy batter, but they come out just fine. These go over well at Christmas and Thanksgiving gatherings. I've taken them to potlucks. You can use different colored candy pieces and have them at halloween and New Year's.
Top Review by HokiesMom
Good cookie. Very dense from batter to baking. I decreased baking time to 10 minutes but the cookies are still rather solid. I think next time I'll add a tablespoon more of butter or just a few less oats. They are very tasty - just drier than I'd like. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag Game
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red and green candy covered plain chocolate candies
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Stir in oats, raisins, walnuts, and candy pieces.
- Drop by tablespoons onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes.