Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This dish is always requested at Christmas and Easter.I always make two because one is never enough!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups soft french breadcrumbs (regular sandwich bread will not give you the same results)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Clean and slice mushrooms.
- Layer about a third of mushrooms in a 2-quart baking dish; layer with a third of bread crumbs and drizzle with a third of melted butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Repeat for second layer.
- Cover with remaining mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and wine.
- Cover and bake in 325 degree oven for about 35 minutes.
- Mix remaining crumbs and butter and spoon over mushrooms.
- Bake, uncovered 10 minutes or until crumbs are toasted.
Made these mushrooms for a Christmas party. People raved over them. They were easy and the recipe was requested numerous times.
This was a wonderful recipe! thank you so much for posting it. I hosted Thanksgiving this year and made this as a side dish and it was an instant hit!!! I will DEFINATELY be making this again!! I enjoyed it even the next day be placing it in a thin layer in a pie dish and placing it in the oven to "crisp it up". Even more delicious! Kudo's to you, Carrie Ann, for posting it!!
I made this as part of our Christmas dinner, we had beef fillet instead of turkey and this went with it perfectly, thanks for sharing.