Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Come cooler weather, you'll look forward to sharing this with good company. Make it a tradition. Good cheer!
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 inches cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 whole allspice
- 2 oranges, cut into 1/4-inch strips zest
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry red wine
- Heat all ingredients except wine; bring to boil, stirring occassionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove spices and zest; stir in wine.
- Heat but do not boil.
- Can make ahead 1 week in advance adding the wine at the last minute. If doubling, do not double salt.