Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is an adaptation from Tom & Candy's recipe. I have made this twice for Thanksgiving breakfast for the school teachers and always get lots of compliments....and requests for the recipe. You can switch out the meat for any type of breakfast meat you might like.
- 30 ounces frozen hash brown O'Brien potatoes (cubes, with onion and pepper)
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, cooked
- 3⁄4 lb sausage, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray!
- Place layer of frozen potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker, followed by a layer of meat, then cheese.
- Repeat the layering process two or three more times, ending with a layer of cheese.
- Beat the eggs, milk and pepper together.
- Pour over the Crock pot mixture, cover and turn on low.
- Cook for 8-10 hours.
A great meal for traveling. Started cooking it at home - 2 hours on low- then transferred to emergency rehearsal to finish cooking and be ready before our 2-show day. Cooked for 3 hours on high once at work- it cooked too long, but was still very edible. Fed 10 people generously. I used 1 lb. good sausage, hot, and what cheese I had on hand. I'll use again. Thanks, Jan.
I made this for a school brunch, and got rave reviews! It was super easy and delicious! I'm also impressed with the calories, because we got way more than 12 servings out of this. Thanks for sharing! I will make this again.
This was good, and a great edition to our Christmas traditions, but we found it a little bland. I will DEFINITELY make it again but next time will use a spicy/hot sausage or chorizo so it has more kick to it. That said, my husband has a more tame palate and he loves this version.