Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Bite-size treats perfect for any occasion!!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) package frozen pound cake, thawed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- food coloring
- flavored extract, to taste
- 5 ounces jelly beans
- Trim dark sides from top and side of cake. Cut cake in half horizontally.
- Using a 3 1/2-inch cookie cutter (egg or bunnie for Easter; tree or wreath for Christmas; hearts for Valentine's Day; flowers for Mother's Day), cut 3 mini cakes from each half of the pound cake.
- Place mini cakes on a wire rack over a large bowl; set aside.
- In another bowl, stir confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Tint with food coloring and flavor with extract if desired.
- Spoon icing over mini cakes, allowing excess to drip into bowl.
- When icing bowl is empty, place rack of mini cakes over empty icing bowl.
- Decorate mini cakes with jelly beans. Refrigerate until icing is set, about 20 minutes.
- Wrap in plastic wrap until ready to serve.