Recipe by Irmgard
I made this cake one year for Christmas when I was short of time and wasn't able to make a pie. It was a big hit. It is a very moist cake best served with just a dusting of icing sugar for garnish.
Top Review by meuwis
Delicious! I used homemade green tomato mincemeat (I never made it before and wasn't sure what to do with it - a pie I made was not such a great success), and added a generous shot of rum. It was a big hit! Thanks for sharing.
- 828.06 ml all-purpose flour
- 17.25 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 3.69 ml salt
- 177.44 ml butter or 177.44 ml margarine, softened
- 19.71 ml grated orange rind
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 750 ml jar mincemeat
- 177.44 ml milk
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts
- icing sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together; set aside.
- Cream the butter, orange rind and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light.
- Beat in the sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in the mincemeat.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Turn the batter into either a greased 12-cup Bundt or tube pan or a greased 9" x 13" cake pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- If using a Bundt pan, bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until done.
- If using a cake pan, bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- In either case, cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.