1/1 Photo of Holiday Mincemeat Cake
1 hr 15 mins
I made this cake one year for Christmas when I was short of time and wasn't able to make a pie. It was a big hit. It is a very moist cake best served with just a dusting of icing sugar for garnish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 4 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (750 ml) jar mincemeat
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- icing sugar, for dusting
- 1Stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together; set aside.
- 2Cream the butter, orange rind and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light.
- 3Beat in the sugar.
- 4Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Blend in the mincemeat.
- 6Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- 7Stir in the nuts.
- 8Turn the batter into either a greased 12-cup Bundt or tube pan or a greased 9" x 13" cake pan.
- 9Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 10If using a Bundt pan, bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until done.
- 11If using a cake pan, bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- 12In either case, cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- 13Remove from the pan and cool completely.
- 14Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Mincemeat Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7608.3
- Calories from Fat 2116
- Total Fat 235.2 g
- Saturated Fat 106.5 g
- Cholesterol 1026.1 mg
- Sodium 6806.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1287.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 36.2 g
- Sugars 704.1 g
- Protein 99.1 g