The perfect milkshake for the holidays. The candy cane ornament served in the glass truly compliments the green-colored sugar, chocolate sprinkles, and red cherry over the whipped cream for a dazzling effect. I had visions of lovebirds while I created this treat which is a combination chocolate chip mint/Cookies-n-cream milkshake (but for a title, was way too long, lol). Feel free to use low-fat/fat-free ingredients as this is definitely not dieter friendly (although it's great to enjoy before you begin your resolutions in the coming year). Amounts are adjustable to your liking.
- 6 peppermint candies (or 2 candy canes broken up)
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk (1/4 cup additional if not using liquor)
- 2 large scoop vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 4 Oreo cookies, broken into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup Baileys Irish Cream (optional)
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (green colored)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chocolate sprinkles
- 1 maraschino cherry
- 1 candy cane
- Place all shake ingredients in a blender in the order listed. Blend until it's as smooth as you like it.
- Pour into a large parfait glass. Top with whipped cream, sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles, green colored sugar, then place the cherry on top.
- Insert a long-handled (parfait) spoon, two straws, and a candy cane.
- Serve cuddled by the fireside listening to your favorite Christmas carols and watching your holiday tree glisten. Just like two turtle doves. Enjoy!