Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
These meatballs are always popular. They can be made a day ahead and reheated. I use currant jelly but they are usually made with grape jelly.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chili sauce
- 1 cup currant jelly
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a crock pot, combine the chili sauce, jelly, and mustard; cover and cook on HIGH while preparing meatballs.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper; mix thoroughly; shape into 30 mini meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on a baking sheet lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes; drain well.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce, stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours.
- Serve warm.