Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
Perfect recipe all year long, easily adapted to fit any holiday or season! Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups M&M's (color coordinated to fit the occasion, for example ( red, pink, and white for Valentines Day or red )
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Add sugar and M&M's.
- Combine dry mixture with butter, egg, and vanilla. Mix until completely blended.
- Shape into walnut sized balls or use cookie scoop. Place two inches apart on sprayed cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Move cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.
If you prefer a crunchier cookie, you should like these. I like my cookies to be a bit softer, so if I make these again, I will take the suggestion below and add a bit more butter to the recipe. Being able to change the color of the M&M for the occasion was fun. Thanks for posting the recipe!
These were OK cookies for us. They turned out a little dry and I only baked them for 10 minutes. The directions are not like I'm used to when it comes to a chocolate chip-type cookie. So I creamed the butter with the sugar and then added the egg and vanilla. I then added the flour, baking soda and baking powder and lastly the M&Ms. I got 24 cookies from this recipe. I chose to use the pink M&Ms in honor of it being Breast Cancer Awareness month. I think this recipe could use a little more butter or an extra eggs. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2008.