Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a simple potato pancake, that uses your holiday leftovers. I have substituted cooked cabbage for the brussel sprouts, and I have also used some mashed turnip combined with the mashed potatoes.
- In skillet, cook onion in 2 tblspn of butter, until softened.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, sprouts, onion, salt and pepper.
- Add beaten egg and mix well.
- Wet hands, and shape by 1/4 cupfuls, into patties.
- In skillett, heat 2 tblsp of the oil and 1 tblsp of the remaining butter over medium heat.
- Cook patties until golden brown on each side.
- Sprinkle dried parsley on top of each pancake.
I love potato pancakes and always make extra mashed potatoes so I can make these the next day. I also love brussels sprouts, so I can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks for posting, and for the great idea