Recipe by Nat Da Brat
This is a simple potato pancake, that uses your holiday leftovers. I have substituted cooked cabbage for the brussel sprouts, and I have also used some mashed turnip combined with the mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Allybee Z
I love potato pancakes and always make extra mashed potatoes so I can make these the next day. I also love brussels sprouts, so I can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks for posting, and for the great idea
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (mashed coarse)
- 1 cup cooked Brussels sprout (chopped coarse)
- 1 onion (chopped fine)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- dried parsley, for garnish.
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, cook onion in 2 tblspn of butter, until softened.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, sprouts, onion, salt and pepper.
- Add beaten egg and mix well.
- Wet hands, and shape by 1/4 cupfuls, into patties.
- In skillett, heat 2 tblsp of the oil and 1 tblsp of the remaining butter over medium heat.
- Cook patties until golden brown on each side.
- Sprinkle dried parsley on top of each pancake.