Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My son and I make this easy and colorful fudge as gifts for teachers and friends (but of course we have to keep some for ourselves!). It has a very soft, creamy texture and the tart cranberries are perfect with the sweetness of the white chocolate. This recipe also freezes beautifully.
- 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk (use only the regular not low fat)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted (powdered sugar)
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped dried cranberries
- First line a 8 x 8-inch (2 L) baking pan with parchment paper.
- Next melt chocolate with sweetened condensed milk in a double boiler (never directly on the element).
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Next stir in icing sugar and beat 1 minute.
- Mix the pistachios and cranberries in a bowl (this way they distribute evenly in the fudge).
- Stir pistachios and cranberries into the fudge.
- Spread evenly onto baking pan.
- Cover and chill for 3 hours or until set; cut into 1-inch (2. 5 cm) squares.
Yes, this is a very easy recipe, but it's also very tasty. The squares of fudge were beautiful in little foil cups on my Christmas treat platters. The contrast of the white fudge with chunks of red and green were so "Christmas-y". -- a definite crowd pleaser.