Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Copy Kat Chat. Recipe by Chef Jeff DeJong / Holiday Inn. The recipe calls for 1 bag each Reeses regular and mini peanut butter cups. There is 2 18oz cake mixes listed in this recipe but the recipe only reads as needing 1/2 layer cake. The recipe also says to break up 1 bag of reese cups.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces white cake mix (white or chocolate can be used white is suggested)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 16 ounces reeses peanut butter cups (refrigerated)
- 16 ounces white frosting, divided
- 16 ounces chocolate frosting
- Hersheys Chocolate Syrup (squeezable bottle)
- 16 ounces reeses miniature peanut butter cups
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake a white cake in a round cake pan. Let cool (refrigerating cakes will make it easier to frost). Take out of pan.
- Put all frosting ingredients in mixing bowl, beat until smooth. Frost the sides of cake with the peanut butter frosting.
- Break up refrigerated Reeses Peanut Butter Cups into crumbs (refrigerated cups will break up easier). Once broken divide the broken Reese cups in 2 batches (in half). Roll cake over one half of the Reeses Peanut Butter Cup crumbs. Set on cake stand. Frost the top of cake with the white frosting. Sprinkle left over Peanut Butter Cup crumbs on top. Then take any canned Chocolate Frosting and pipe designs around top and bottom of the cake.
- Take Hersheys Chocolate Syrup and do a zig zag motion over the cake. Place Reeses Mini Peanut Butter Cups around top of cake.