Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
We are building contractors and this recipe came from a plumber over 30 years ago. Absolutely wonderfully rich and less expensive than purchased mixes.
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 1 quart good vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 lb brown sugar
- freshly grated nutmeg
- Beat softened butter until smooth& creamy.
- Add softened ice cream and beat in well.
- Add brown sugar and beat until creamy and well incorporated.
- Place mix in freezer in plastic containers of desired size and store until needed.
- When ready to serve, place at least 3 tblspns of mixture in a large coffee mug; add boiling water almost to the top,stir; add white or dark rum, stir again and top with freshly grated nutmeg.
- Hint: For non-drinkers (including kids) omit rum and add about 1 tsp of rum extract.
- Just as tasty, but is non-alcoholic.
- So creamy, warm and wonderful.