Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have never made a caramel with honey but I use it in every other thing so why not a caramel? Recipe Source Raleys
- 1 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 2 cups honey
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- finely chopped nuts (optional) or toasted coconut (optional) or untoasted coconut (optional)
- Finely chopped toasted nuts or toasted or untoasted coconut (optional)Line the bottom and sides of a 9-inch square pan with foil. Lightly butter and set aside. Melt butter in a medium, heavy saucepan. Add honey, cream and brown sugar; mix well. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and boil, stirring frequently, for 45 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 255ºF to 260ºF. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla; let cool slightly and pour into prepared pan. Let cool completely in the refrigerator, then lift foil to remove caramels from pan. Cut into individual caramels with a very sharp knife. Roll in chopped nuts or coconut, if you like, then wrap each individually in clear plastic gift wrap. Store in the refrigerator to keep firm for up to 1 month.
- Tip! Make a cup of hot coffee or tea decadent by dropping in one of these caramels.