Recipe by chia
don't be put off by the long list of ingredients, this recipe is really adaptable to your personal taste, or what you have on hand. this makes 1 bundt or tube cake, 2 loaves, or 1 13x9" sheet cake.
Top Review by *Dani*
Very easy cake to make, extremely delicious and superbly moist, i made half the recipe but wish i made the whole of it because the cake only lasted two days. I made it in a casserole dish, it was just the right amount however the temperature was too high - it nearly burnt the top whilst the middle was complete liquid, but that problem is easily fixed by putting it on a very low heat.
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup warm coffee or 1 cup strong tea or 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup whiskey or 1⁄4 cup extra coffee or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350.
- grease the pan you're using and add parchment paper, greased.
- mix flour and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- make a well in the center.
- add the oil and the next 8 ingredients, mixing well.
- spoon into prepared pan and sprinkle with almonds.
- place pan on a baking sheet to ensure even cooking.
- bake 60-80 minutes for a tube or bundt cake, 45-55 minutes for loaf pans or 40-45 minutes for a sheet cake.
- let cake cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes, before removing. cool completely on wire rack.