Recipe by Dee Licious
I found this gem on allrecipes.com and am so excited about it I had to pass it on. This is the perfect combination of tart and sweet. This seasonal side dish will have your guests coming back for more!
Top Review by CooksandReads
This is great, I've never been a sweet potato/yam person but I'm trying and this recipe made it real easy to like them. I added a layer of minimarshmellows just because I had them on hand. I've been recommending this to everyone. thanks!
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch Oven & bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 40-50 minutes or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle peel potatoes and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place half in a greased 2-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Top with half of the cranberries, brown sugar, and butter.
- Repeat layers.
- Pour orange juice over top.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl combine the walnuts, brown sugar, and cinnamon and cut in butter.
- Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake uncovered 10 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown.