Prep 50 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this gem on allrecipes.com and am so excited about it I had to pass it on. This is the perfect combination of tart and sweet. This seasonal side dish will have your guests coming back for more!
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch Oven & bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 40-50 minutes or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle peel potatoes and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place half in a greased 2-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Top with half of the cranberries, brown sugar, and butter.
- Repeat layers.
- Pour orange juice over top.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl combine the walnuts, brown sugar, and cinnamon and cut in butter.
- Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake uncovered 10 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown.
This is great, I've never been a sweet potato/yam person but I'm trying and this recipe made it real easy to like them. I added a layer of minimarshmellows just because I had them on hand. I've been recommending this to everyone. thanks!