Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this gem on allrecipes.com and am so excited about it I had to pass it on. This is the perfect combination of tart and sweet. This seasonal side dish will have your guests coming back for more!
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch Oven & bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 40-50 minutes or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle peel potatoes and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place half in a greased 2-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Top with half of the cranberries, brown sugar, and butter.
- Repeat layers.
- Pour orange juice over top.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl combine the walnuts, brown sugar, and cinnamon and cut in butter.
- Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake uncovered 10 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown.