Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Rich and creamy! Very pretty during Christmas with the green and red rice krispie cereal. A delicious side dish along with a steak or broiled chicken. I believe this recipe came from a Kellogg's box.
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 lbs hash browns (I use the frozen)
- Mix sour cream, cheese, onion, and soup.
- Add hash browns to mixture and combine.
- Place in 13x9 pan.
- Melt butter and mix with cereal.
- Spread on top of potatoes.
- Bake 350 for 55 minutes.
Easy, very rich recipe! This tasted better the next day. I would probably saute the onions a little before adding to the potato mixture next time. Otherwise, very, very good!