Recipe by FLUFFSTER
Here's a delicious recipe for the holidays! What's better than ham and raisins and pineapple, brown sugar, and, well, just read the recipe! LOL! Times do not include heating time for ham.
Top Review by Kenzington
I quite liked this - I too left out the rasins (You pick your battles you know!) and I was pleased with the result. I used light rum since it wasn't specified and while I think it's good - I will probably just do dark rum next time and use less of the spices.
- 3 lbs canned ham (fully cooked)
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat ham according to instructions.
- Combine remaining ingredients except rum in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat. Simmer 5 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rum.
- Brush on ham the last 30 minutes of heating.
- Serve remainder as sauce.