Recipe by Gingerbear
This can be used on fresh ham, cooked ham or even a ham steak. Enjoy!
Top Review by Maine-iac
I tried this recipe with our baked Easter ham and it was delicious. Since we were visiting my in-laws and no rum was available, I substituted orange juice. Also, we had a large ham and I wanted extra sauce to serve with the ham, so I doubled the recipe. Lots of good compliments, and when I was asked how I made it, I told people that it was my Zaar "secret" recipe! Thanks, secret!
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
- 1⁄4 cup dark molasses
- 3 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper