1/2 Photos of Holiday Ham a La Martha
2 hrs 25 mins
I just couldn't resist posting this one. If your a fan of sweet glazed ham this is certainly special enough for Christmas dinner, and it's even easy to do! It's from Martha Stewart.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 325ºF.
- 2Using a sharp knife, score surface of ham crosswise and lengthwise, forming a crosshatch pattern about 1/4-in deep and 1-in apart.
- 3Place 1 clove in the center of each square. Place ham, fat side up, in a double-layer disposable aluminum roasting pan and pat the brown sugar onto the surface of the ham (Expect some sugar to fall into the roasting pan)
- 4Transfer to oven, and bake until brown sugar just begins to melt, about 30 minutes.
- 5Pour Coca-Cola over ham, mixing with melted sugar in bottom of roasting pan. Baste ham with sugar/Coke mixture.
- 6Return to oven, and bake for 20 minutes more.
- 7Meanwhile, combine 1 cup reserved pineapple juice and wine in a small bowl. Baste ham with pineapple mixture.
- 8Bake ham for a total of 16 minutes per pound, basting every 20 minutes. During the last 20 minutes of baking time, decorate ham with pineapple rings (use 2-3 toothpicks to hold each ring in place).
- 9Center a cherry in the center of each ring, and attach it with a toothpick.
- 10Transfer ham to a platter, removing all toothpicks. Garnish ham with fresh bay leaves if desired.
- 11Makes 10-12 servings.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Ham a La Martha
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 700.0
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 165.4 mg
- Sodium 4837.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 53.0 g
- Protein 71.3 g