3 hrs 10 mins
Don't limit yourself to the holidays, these cookies are good for all year round.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup packaged sweetened coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup gumdrop, cut into pieces
- 1Cream the butter, margarine and sugar together in a mixer.
- 2Add vanilla, and the eggs one at a time until well blended.
- 3Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 4Add the sifted flour to the butter and egg mixture and mix well.
- 5By hand, stir in the coconut flakes, chopped pecans, oatmeal and sliced gumdrops until just mixed.
- 6Refrigerate the dough until it is well-chilled (at least 3 hours).
- 7Note: This will help the cookies keep their shape.
- 8Once the dough is chilled, pre-heat the oven to 350°.
- 9Take about 1 heaping tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball.
- 10Place on a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet about 6 inches apart.
- 11Bake for about 10 minutes or until light brown.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Gumdrop Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.3
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 18.5 mg
- Sodium 85.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g