Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another holiday cookie plate favorite.
- 1 1⁄2 cups spice gumdrops (omit the black ones)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cut gumdrops into small pieces and put in bowl.
- Add walnuts and raisins and 1/4 cup flour, toss to coat. Set aside.
- Cream the brown sugar and shortening in mixing bowl; stir in egg and buttermilk.
- Combine baking soda, salt and remaining flour; stir into creamed mixture.
- Add gumdrop mixture and mix well.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 400°F for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool for 2 minutes on sheets and then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
I thought this cookie was great. The texture and taste were wonderful. It does take awhile to ct up the gumdrops but it is worth it.