Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tasty green bean casserole that's similar to green beans almondine, but with a few flourishes. Goes nicely with holiday ham, roast turkey, or prime rib. I hope you enjoy!
- 510.29 g bagfrozen tiny whole green beans with sliced almonds, thawed (C & W Bird's Eye brand makes this, or use regular frozen green beans plus 1/3 cup slivered almonds)
- 283.49 g cancampbell's Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise (or 1/4 cup of each) or 118.29 ml sour cream (or 1/4 cup of each)
- 14.79 ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml finely minced fresh lemon peel
- 78.07 ml minced fresh parsley
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.75 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper or 0.75 ml lemon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place thawed green beans & almonds in a 13x9-inch glass baking pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all remaining ingredients.
- Pour soup mixture evenly over green beans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
I loved the recipe! It was a wonderful dish that everyone enjoyed. The only things I changed was using orange peel instea of lemon and I didn't have lemon pepper, so I used lime pepper. Also, I just used frozen whole green beans and toasted and chopped a cup of almonds. This worked great. The taste was light with a hint of citrus, a welcome change from the usual. Thanks for a lovely recipe.