Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is one of my mother's regular holiday offerings (Thanksgiving and Christmas). It's suprisingly easy. And it's a good way to get kids to eat cottage cheese. (I personally don't like cottage cheese by itself, but it really makes this dish.)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 -4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, French style
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Saute onion & garlic in butter until soft and glossy.
- Add the cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, and bread crumbs.
- Add the eggs and beans.
- Pour the beans mixture into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 F for 30-45 minutes.
- When done, casserole should be firm to the touch and lightly browned on top.
I thought this was awful. I had to throw it out.