Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful treat to make for the holidays. If you make Gingerbread or fruitcake (heh) you really should try something different like these, You just might love them! 8)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease 12 muffin cup/tins.
- In medium bowl, beat the egg, applesauce, oil, molasses and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl and add to first mixture.
- Stir in the water, mixing well.
- Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Lightly sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
This is a winner in my house! Just be careful not to over bake.. they dry out fast!
Can't count how many batches I've already made! Thanks!
Oh my.. these muffins are perfection! On the inside, they're light and fluffy, and the tops of them are a bit crunchy. They have just the right amount of sweetness. My mom and sister couldn't even think of words to describe how wonderful these muffins are, they just went "Mmmmmmnom!" I used 1 c. of whole wheat flour and 1/2 c. all purpose, so I added an extra 1/4 tsp. of baking soda. I got ten big muffins. Thanks for posting!
Very good muffins! Nice and moist.