1/1 Photo of Holiday Gingerbread Cutout Cookies
This recipe is from my sister-in-law's mother, who was kind enough to share her recipe. I make these every Christmas, and my family looks forward to them every year. The yield depends on the type of cookie cutters you use (I estimated, based on 1 1/2"-size cookies). You can also substitute half brown sugar for half of the granulated sugar (which I do sometimes), if you'd like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients with a hand mixer.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- 3Combine the dry mixture into the wet mixture, until incorporated.
- 4Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 5Roll flat (to about 1/4" thick), and cut into desired shapes. It does help a bit if you chill the dough for about 30 minutes first, but I hardly ever do!
- 6Bake for 5-10 minutes, depending on size and thickness of cutout shapes.
- 7Cool on a wire rack, and decorate as desired.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Gingerbread Cutout Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.9
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.3 mg
- Sodium 152.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 2.4 g