Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in Better Homes and Garden Magazine Nov/2007 Posted for easy access. Magazine claims the flavor of this salad will remind you of a bread and butter pickle :)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes plain gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup champagne vinegar or 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups peeled and seeded cucumbers, cut in 1/4 inch dice
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion (white and green part)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, cut in 1/4 inch dice
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- In bowl pour 1/2 cup cold water and.
- sprinkle gelatin over water to soften about 10 minutes.
- In nonreactive saucepan, combine 1 cup water, vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Cook and stir over med heat until hot and sugar is dissoved.
- Remove from heat; add softened gelatin mixture, stirring until dissolved.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Place bowl over very large bowl of ice water.
- Stir occasionally until completely cold and just beginning to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Stir cucumbers, green onions and celery into cold mixture.
- Pour into 6 to 8 cup nonreactive mold or dish that has been lightly sprayed with vegetable spray.
- Wrap mold with plastic wrap; refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- To unmold, dip mold briefly (10 seconds or less) in hot water.
- Invert mold onto a serving dish.