Recipe by ~Nimz~
This is one of my adopted recipes. Made these last week and all I can say is EXCELLENT. Easy to make and is just busting with flavor. I highly recommend making the bread crumbs as written. They are wonderful. My cooking time was a little different, but we like our beans a little more done than most. Thanks to the Original Author of this great recipe.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Enjoyed this very much, easily prepared (in fact my daughter made them while I was busy with the mushroom risotto that was our main dish). Our sauce was quite thick and we used garlic and herb stock rather than chicken stock. Really really nice and definitely making it again! Thank you Nimz! Made for PRMR tag game.
- 2 slices high quality white bread, torn into quarters
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, the good stuff
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced, never press
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Process bread in a food processor to produce even, fine crumbs.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in large non stick skillet over medium high heat, when melted, add bread crumbs and cook, stirring frequently until golden, about 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and cheese. Set aside.
- Wipe out skillet and add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring until garlic is golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour, red pepper flakes and thyme, then toss in green beans.
- Add chicken broth and increase heat to medium high, cover and cook until the beans are partly tender, about 4 minutes.
- Uncover and cook stirring occasionally until beans are tender and sauce has thicken slightly, about 4 minutes.
- Off heat, stir in lemon juice and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs.