Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 19 mins
Can you stand another fruitcake recipe? Okay! Here it is...
- 27 ounces none such classic original mincemeat
- 1 (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated)
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) candied cherries (1-8 oz. red and 1-8 oz. green each)
- 1 (16 ounce) candied pineapple
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 1⁄2 lb chopped dates
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Combine flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine mincemeat and sweetened condensed milk. Stir in beaten eggs then the fruit and walnuts. Add the flour/baking soda mixture and stir until combined.
- Spoon batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake approximately 1 hour 20 minutes or until test in middle of cake comes out clean. (I cook to 1 hour 10 minutes then start testing every 10 minutes until cake tests for doneness. If it's over baked it will be dry, otherwise the cake will come out perfectly moist. Be diligent with your testing.).
- Cool 15 minutes. Turn out of pan onto a wire rack. Cool completely. Cake may be cut into individual portions and wrapped in foil and frozen.
- To make in loaf pans, spoon 3/4 full. Bake 300 degrees for 1 hour or until test in middle of cake comes out clean.