Recipe by Cookin In Texas
I thought I would share some of my favorites. This is a hand-me-down recipe.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
This is another Great....! Salad. Remember to toss the apple cubes in a bag with lemon juice so they don't turn brown but this recipe does not require whipped topping. I am sure it was before they developed artificial whipped toppings. You can add red food coloring to the cooked sweet mix or green. I leave out the nuts for people who can'eat them but this is very good.
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups red seedless grapes or 1 1⁄2 cups green seedless grapes
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 1⁄2 cups apples, cubed and unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan combine sugars and flour.
- Stir in water and bring to a boil over medium heat; boil until mixture is thick.
- Remove from heat then add vanilla and butter stir well.
- Let sit until mixture reaches room temperature.
- While waiting, in a large bowl combine grapes, apples, bananas, pineapple and walnuts.
- Add the sugar mixture and toss gently.
- Chill until ready to serve.