Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I saw Anna Olson do this on CityLine and had to give it a try. I think I have the spices down correct. It's what I used, anyway. The final product is so pretty in the jars! Perfect for gift giving!
- 4 cups ripe peeled and diced bartlett pears
- 3 cups cranberries (or frozen )
- 2 cups raspberries (or frozen )
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 tablespoons orange liqueur
- Prepare jars for canning.
- Bring all ingredients up to a simmer in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepot, stirring often.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes, until pears are tender and cranberries have popped.
- Pack into sterilized jars and seal.