Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
My mom always looks forward to eggnog at Christmas time and I was looking for some eggnog recipes. I found a few and picked put the best. I had to post this and will post some more lovely eggnog recipes. Hopefully your family will enjoy them as well 8)
Top Review by Ang11002
I made these today for breakfast and I wish I could rate them higher but they turned out pretty dry to me. The topping is very good though and like pumpkie, I think I should of put some in the middle of the batter before cooking. Thanks for an easy recipe though! :)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons rum or 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Grease 12 2-1/2 inch muffin cups.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking power, sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, oil and rum.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry, stirring just until mixed.
- Spoon the batter evenly into muffin cups.
- Combine the sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Evenly sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.