Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mom always looks forward to eggnog at Christmas time and I was looking for some eggnog recipes. I found a few and picked put the best. I had to post this and will post some more lovely eggnog recipes. Hopefully your family will enjoy them as well 8)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons rum or 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Grease 12 2-1/2 inch muffin cups.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking power, sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, oil and rum.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry, stirring just until mixed.
- Spoon the batter evenly into muffin cups.
- Combine the sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Evenly sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
I made these today for breakfast and I wish I could rate them higher but they turned out pretty dry to me. The topping is very good though and like pumpkie, I think I should of put some in the middle of the batter before cooking. Thanks for an easy recipe though! :)
These are delicious and easy. The batter is very thick. I used rum, freshly grated nutmeg and butter. I cannot wait to add these to my christmas brunch. I love the spices on top so I think next time I would put half the batter in and then sprinkle some of the spices on top of that and then add the rest of the batter and put the rest of the spice mixture on top. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.