Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a wonderful, easy recipe from my collection. I posted a few other eggnog recipes, and I hope you will try them and enjoy them for the holidays and years to come 8)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Mix well with a whisk; set aside for now.
- Cream the sugar and butter until the mixture forms like a grainy paste.
- Add in the eggnog, vanilla extract and egg yolks.
- Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed until combined, but do not over mix.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Lightly sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake 23-25 minutes or until bottoms are light brown.
- Let cool completely.
I made these by the posted recipe- they were a little bland, maybe use 1 cup of eggnog and double the cinnamon and nutmeg. I also garnished them with the extra nutmeg AND some vanilla sugar.(gives them some sparkle)
I am too impatient to wait for dough to chill so I added an extra cup of flour and greased my hands so the dough would not stick. These turned out great.
I made theese last night! the familiy liked them a lot. I added a little extra eggnog because we love it so much. I agree with the first review; they taste better the next day!