Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This pretty dessert type quickbread is rich and tasty and freezes well.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups eggnog
- 3⁄4 cup candied fruit or 3⁄4 cup cherries, chopped
- Sift dry ingredients together including sugar.
- Combine eggnog, melted butter and egg.
- Stir into dry ingredients just to blend.
- Blend in nuts and fruits.
- Place mixture into a greased and floured 9 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven about 60 to 70 minutes or tested done. Remove from pan and cool completely before slicing.
I was puzzled that this bread would only have 3 stars. I see that there was an apparent correction. Well, it's worth 5 stars to me! Thanks for posting.
Batter was very loose! Needed 2 pans & when cooked, it had almost a pudding texture. Believe the proportions of flour to liquid are way off!
I believe there is a mistake in the amount of eggnog listed in this recipe...5 1/2 cups is too much and the batter overflows a 9x5