Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 473.18 ml granulated sugar
- 946.36 ml half-and-half
- 295.73 ml whole milk
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 295.73 ml Bourbon, divided
- 473.18 ml whipping cream, whipped
- 0.59 ml fresh nutmeg, grated (optional)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan; cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until mixture reaches 160:.
- Stir in 3/4 cup bourbon.
- Cool; cover and chill.
- Combine chilled mixture and remaining 1/2 cup bourbon in a punch bowl.
- Gently stir in whipped cream; sprinkle with nutmeg if using.
wow what a kick. have to say this had a nice flavor i used jim beam burbon and it made a real smooth nog. im notmuch of a drinker anymore so i had to stop after a couple. but a really nice change to the store bought or rum nogs. thank you janic412 for a nice holiday drink
Delicious! Rich and creamy - my family loved it!