Top Review by gregory schulte
wow what a kick. have to say this had a nice flavor i used jim beam burbon and it made a real smooth nog. im notmuch of a drinker anymore so i had to stop after a couple. but a really nice change to the store bought or rum nogs. thank you janic412 for a nice holiday drink
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups Bourbon, divided
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh nutmeg, grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan; cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until mixture reaches 160:.
- Stir in 3/4 cup bourbon.
- Cool; cover and chill.
- Combine chilled mixture and remaining 1/2 cup bourbon in a punch bowl.
- Gently stir in whipped cream; sprinkle with nutmeg if using.