Recipe by luke.7.47
I had this at a good friend's Christmas party a few years ago. This is a surprisingly festive and yummy dip with a couple of unexpected ingredients. *Best to use gloves when handling a pepper or wash hands immediately after handling.
- 1 apple, cored
- 1 orange, peeled & seeded
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & deveined
- 1 lb cranberries, washed & sorted
- 1 cup sugar, to taste
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- In small food processor, chop apple, orange, jalapeno, and cranberries together. The fruit should be chopped fairly fine.
- Add sugar to taste. The sugar can be adjusted based on the sweetness of the fruit or the heat of the pepper.
- Spread one container of softened cream cheese in the bottom of a glass pie plate.
- Spread half of the fruit mixture on top of the cream cheese. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor, but at least 2 hours.
- Serves best with Ritz or Townhouse crackers.
- Yields enough to make two batches.