Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is my roll recipe I am always asked to bring to family gathering. These are rich and buttery.
Make and share this Holiday Dinner Rolls (Bread Machine) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon water
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, cut up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups bread flour (I've used all-purpose)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Add water, 3 eggs, butter, salt, flour, 2 Tablespoons sugar and yeast to bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select dough/manual cycle. When cycle is complete, remove dough from machine to a lightly floured surface.
- If necessary, knead in enough flour to make dough easy to handle.
- Shape into rolls as desired.
- Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place until almost doubled in size, 20-30 minutes.
- Combine lightly beaten egg and 1 tablespoon sugar, brush onto tops.
- Bake at 375°F for 12-14 minutes or until done.
I just made this for Easter. I was out of milk, so I had to try a new recipe for rolls. I am so glad I chose this one! It was delicious! I had read the reviews where people thought they went stale quickly, but I was pleasantly surprised to find them still perfect the next day! I will definately be making these again!
I made these as is. PERFECT!
Thank you for sharing.
Thank you for coming to my rescue on Thanksgiving. These were amazing. I had to add one more tbsp of water during the mixing because my machine slowed down. Other than that, this recipe went wonderfully. Ashamed to say I let them rise for over two hours and they still turned out well. My fault for timing the Thanksgiving dinner wrong...but it was the first time I made wonderful rolls like these.