Recipe by Marz
Holiday Cookie Contest runner-up Deborah Lynn Boddy must get credit for these cookies. This was published in Quick and Simple Magazine and deserves to be posted here.
Top Review by SweetSBchef
These were marvelous! Possibly my favorite cookies I've ever made. I only got 17 cookies out of half the recipe, but perhaps I made them a little large. I will add more pistachios next time, but I loved the combination of white chocolate, dried cranberries, and pistachios. And they're definitely good at any time of the year, not just the winter holidays!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. In a large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Blend in eggs and vanilla. Reduce speed to low and beat in flour mixture until well combined. Using a spoon, stir in oats, chocolate chips, pistachios and dried cranberries.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a large ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. (You may line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.) Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until edges are golden. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool.