Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is my cousin Linda's recipe, and always on the table for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Definitely not for the calorie-conscious!
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Soak dates in boiling water for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Combine batter ingredients and spread in a 9X13 ungreased baking dish.
- Combine Sticky Sauce ingredients and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour sauce over batter but do not stir.
- Place baking dish on a large cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream.