Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are wonderfully crisp cookies that are so tasty, they need no icing. However, you can add a butter cream frosting if you want decorated cookies. Haven't made these this year yet, so yield is an estimate (Can change according to size of cookie cutter used). Original recipe from Parents magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Beat together butter, sugar and vanilla for one minute at medium speed of mixer.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Chill dough.
- Roll dough between two pieces of wax paper to 3/8" thick.
- Cut into shapes.
- Place 1" apart on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° until lightly browned.
- (Instructions gave no baking time so watch first batch carefully and time it for future batches).
I wanted some cutout cookies for my Christmas stash, so I tried these, the taste is great, but I found them to be too "short", couldn't roll them out, they just fell apart, so I used the dough as the base of a tart where I was able to pat/push it into the shape of the tart pan. It did work beautifully as a tart base.