Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I am not sure where this recipe came from but it is good.
- 12 ounces crabmeat
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese, small curd
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- In a medium skiller sauté mushrooms and onions in the butter till tender. Drain on paper towel.
- In a bowl combine the sour cream, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese and crabmeat. Toss the shredded Monterey jack cheese with the flour in a plastic bag and then add to the crabmeat mixture.
- Beat the eggs and combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour into a 10 inch greased quiche dish or a deep dish pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in comes out clean. Quiche should be puffed and golden brown. Let stand 5 min before cutting.
This was fabulous! I made it exactly as the recipe called for, and it was delicious. And so easy! I'm just disappointed that I didn't take a picture to share, because it is also very photogenic. Next time! :-)
Excellent! I made 2 changes, though. I forgot to buy mushrooms, so instead of sauteing yellow onion, I used chopped green onion and just added to the egg mixture raw. And I had some leftover cooked asparagus, so chopped that up and added to the mix. This is VERY cheesy and flavorful. Would be good with cooked shrimp also! Made for Spring 2011 PAC game.
very delicious! and easy too. I needed to feed 10 people, so I added 4 more eggs, 1/2 lb of mushrooms sauted with garlic and 1/4 tsp additional salt and a sprinkle of white pepper. The crab meat came in a 1 lb can, so I used it all. I baked it in a 9x13 dish. Everyone loved it! It is definitely a do-over! Helen