Recipe by rickscott
This my version of a dish my family has served for Thanksgiving and Christmas every year for as long as I can remember. It's easy to prepare, but is always a hit. The yield is a guess because with all the dishes served on the holidays everyone takes smaller portions to sample everything.
- 2 lbs frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to-taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large frying pan. Add the corn, salt, and pepper.
- Add the cream to cover (use additional if needed).
- Cook at a fast simmer until reduced to your preferred consistancy, 15 minutes.
- Fresh corn kernals are better, but more work removing them from the cob.
- Most of my family makes this with milk rather than cream.