Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mother made this punch for many parties when we were growing up. She served it in her lovely, big punch bowl and I remember stirring it with the big glass spoon. My sisters and I weren't allowed to have any of it (as it contained alcohol) but I remember the lovely "clouds" of sherbet that floated on top. Now that my sisters and I are much older, we always have this punch at our holiday gatherings.
- 2 pints raspberry sherbet
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 48 ounces cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 (28 ounce) bottles champagne
- Soften 1 pint sherbet.
- In a punch bowl, combine softened sherbet, lemon juice, orange juice and sugar.
- Stir to dissolve sugar.
- Add cranberry juice.
- Add champagne.
- Drop scoops of remaining sherbet on top of punch before serving.
I just made this delicious punch for our annual Christmas Open House... it was a huge hit! Everyone loved it and begged me to make it again for our New Year's Eve get together. Thanks so much for sharing this delightful beverage.