Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
The perfect cake for Thanksgiving or Christmas. It is full of all the wonderful ingredients we use during the holidays with a beautiful glaze and bright cranberries for garnish (makes 1 bundt cake or 2 loaves)
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 cups freshly cooked pumpkin or 1 (15 ounce) can canned pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional) or 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups ocoarsley chopped cranberries
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons of warmed milk
- 2⁄3 cup coarsley chopped cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Spray 1 bundt cake pan or 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, oil, eggs, and vanilla; mix well.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the other ingredients except the cranberries.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the pumpkin mixture. Mix well. Fold cranberries into batter and spoon into cake pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until cake test done with toothpick inserted in center and coming out clean.
- Let cakes cook for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely before applying the glaze.
- Glaze: In small bowl, combine the sugar and milk until smooth fold in 1/3 cup of the cranberries.
- Place cake on wire rack with wax paper under rack. Spoon the glaze over the cake to completely cover the top.
- Sprinkle remaining cranberries on top of glaze.