1 hr 15 mins
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
The perfect cake for Thanksgiving or Christmas. It is full of all the wonderful ingredients we use during the holidays with a beautiful glaze and bright cranberries for garnish (makes 1 bundt cake or 2 loaves)
My Private Note
bundt c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups freshly cooked pumpkin or 1 (15 ounce) can canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional) or 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups ocoarsley chopped cranberries
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F Spray 1 bundt cake pan or 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- 2In bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, oil, eggs, and vanilla; mix well.
- 3In large mixing bowl, combine the other ingredients except the cranberries.
- 4Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the pumpkin mixture. Mix well. Fold cranberries into batter and spoon into cake pan.
- 5Bake for 1 hour or until cake test done with toothpick inserted in center and coming out clean.
- 6Let cakes cook for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely before applying the glaze.
- 7Glaze: In small bowl, combine the sugar and milk until smooth fold in 1/3 cup of the cranberries.
- 8Place cake on wire rack with wax paper under rack. Spoon the glaze over the cake to completely cover the top.
- 9Sprinkle remaining cranberries on top of glaze.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Cranberry Pumpkin Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1791 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5034.1
- Calories from Fat 1445
- Total Fat 160.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.6 g
- Cholesterol 427.2 mg
- Sodium 2594.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 867.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.2 g
- Sugars 613.4 g
- Protein 46.2 g