Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
These make a wonderful addition to any holiday cookie tray and well received by guests, these are sweet so a small piece goes a long way :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 11 x 7-inch or a 9 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine cracker crumbs and butter.
- Lightly press into prepared baking dish (do not pack down hard).
- In a bowl combine all the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Gently spoon over crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown (don't overbake!).
- Cut into bars or triangle shapes.
- Store in refrigerater.
- Note: these bars can be made without the cranberries, they taste just as good.
Great recipe! We made it with semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts instead of vanilla chips and pecans. They were a big hit at my wife's office party. They were a bit difficult to cut before being refridgerated, but sliced much easier once they were cool
VERY good. Next time (there will be many next times) I think I'm going to melt the vanilla chips (I used white chocolate chips). They didn't melt at all on the crust! Not a big deal, since they're so good, but just a personal preference.